The holiday season brings lots of cheer and happy memories. With the excitement of Santa Clause, the lighting of the tree, placing of decorations around the house to the holiday shopping and baking – there is so much to be done to prepare for the most wonderful time of year.
With children, it’s easy to get lost in their excitement and remember back to when we were kids around this time of year. It’s great to see their smiling faces all season long and because we have a small window of time to watch our kids enjoy this season before they grow up, we want to make sure they still thoroughly enjoy this season while teaching them the importance of kindness this holiday.
In order to do so, we have listed subtle ways to remind them the importance of this time of year and still make sure their face is glowing all month long.
Here are a few tips to share with your children this holiday season:
– Make homemade gifts for grandparents, teachers, Aunt and Uncles, etc.
– Do something nice for their siblings. Examples: make their bed, share their favorite toy, read a book to them.
– Call their grandparents and ask them about their favorite holiday traditions
– Donate their old toys or hats/mitten/socks to a local charity
– Help with dinner or holiday baking
– Make a “thank you” card for their bus driver, librarian, teacher, principal, etc.
– Send out holiday cards to family and friends
– Make crafts for a child care center or pediatric hospital
There are so many ways we can teach our children kindness throughout the holiday season. Do you have any certain traditions you and your children do? Or any ideas that you would add to the list? Let us know below!
For more cute ideas to celebrate kindness this season, check out The Family Room.
We wish you and yours a very happy holiday season.
-the JPE team
via Jonas Paul Eyewear – News
from Jonas Paul Frames – Blog http://jonaspaulframes.weebly.com/blog/teaching-kindness-this-holiday-season